NOTE: Posted positions may or may not still be available.
Date Posted: August 5, 2021
Physician Assistant - Surgery
BAMS is a new health care start-up located in San Francisco and the East Bay whose mission is to utilize advanced practitioners for surgical assisting in order to help surgeons operate more productively. We are seeking skilled Physician Assistants with surgical assistance experience who work in the San Francisco Bay Area and are able to travel to local surgery sights to assist with procedures.
If you have experience as a surgical first assistant and would like to learn more about working with BAMS, please contact us and tell us a little about yourself at this link:
Date Posted: July 28, 2021
Physician Assistant - Family Medicine, Addiction Medicine, Occupational Medicine
The Von Stieff Medical Group, with two offices in Contra Costa County in the San Francisco Bay Area, seeks a licensed family medicine physician or mid-level provider (NP, PA) who wants to join an old-school private practice, which currently serves 3 physicians and 1 nurse practitioner. These practitioners see patients in fields of family medicine, addiction medicine, and occupational medicine. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please e-mail your application materials including 1) cover letter, 2) CV, 3) personal references to Dr. Rick Carpenter at email@example.com. The Von Stieff Medical Group is an equal opportunity employer. Visit us on the web at www.vsmedicalgroup.com.
Date Posted: July 26, 2021
Physician Assistant EXTERNSHIP - Derm
SF Bay Area
Paid Dermatology externship leading to full time employment at California Dermatology Care with offices at San Ramon, Hercules and Livermore. This opportunity will be available to your recent PA graduate or alum at the Physician Assistant Masters program. Their resume can be submitted to Flora at firstname.lastname@example.org or myself email@example.com.
Sincerely, William Ting, M.D.
California Dermatology Care
Date Posted: June 29, 2021
Physician Assistant - Occupational Medicine
Stockton, Manteca, and Tracy
Our Occupational Medicine Group is seeking a Physician Assistant to join our team. Our group is an established, physician-owned, and well-respected provider of occupational medicine with clinic locations in Stockton, Manteca, and Tracy, California. The position is strictly outpatient with no hospital duties and no on-call responsibilities. The position is full time but will consider part time initially based on your schedule. You will be based mainly in one clinic location but may occasionally be called upon to assist one of your colleagues in a nearby clinic. The hours of operation are normal business hours so you will not work evenings, weekends, or major holidays. The patient population is composed of working adults only. This position includes a competitive compensation package, benefits, vacation, 401k with match, profit sharing, CME stipend, and incentive bonuses.
- Previous occupational medicine experience would be preferred but we are willing to
train the right candidate. Most of our current NPs and PAs trained with us.
• California Physician Assistant License
• DEA License
• Graduate of accredited PA program of accredited university
Date Posted: June 29, 2021
Physician Assistant - Derm
Busy Medical Dermatology Practice looking for a PA-C to work in our Sebastopol Office 2 + days per week. If you are willing to work in 2 locations, we have an additional 2 + days in our Clearlake office as well which would give you full time work. Duties will include full skin evaluations and treatment as needed. Shave biopsies and minor surgeries for positive pathology. There is room to grow the patient population in both locations.
Guaranteed $60 per hour base or 35% of collections whichever is greater – so the more patients you see, the more procedures you do, the more money you will make. You will have 1-3 medical assistants working with you depending on the number of patients scheduled. Your income could be $200K to $500K per year.
Our practice is known for taking great care of the patients the old fashioned way – we return phone calls and cater to their needs. Our staff is well trained and cater to our providers needs so that you practice medicine and don’t have the administrative headache. Need time off to go to your child’s school function – no problem, want a long weekend – no problem, need to go on maternity leave – no problem, we want our providers to have a quality life!
We are a multispecialty practice with Ophthalmology and Dermatology – www.sebastopolspecialtycenter.com
If interested send CV to: DARLINGL@SONIC.NET, Fax: 707-823-1521 Attention Laurie Darling, or call 707-823-2336 x 220 (automated inside line)
Date Posted: May 10, 2021
Physician Assistant - Neuro/Multiple Sclerosis
The APP will work autonomously and in coordination with other healthcare professionals, linking physician extenders, following and supporting the workload of a large specialty patient population. The \APP will work closely with a local and regional MS team of other MS specialists, general neurologists, MS pharmacists, and MS nurses. A portion of care will consist of direct office visits, and a portion of the position will involve telemedicine.
- Fulltime: Monday to Friday (8:30AM to 5:30PM)
- Location: San Francisco neurology outpatient clinic
- Minimum 1 to 3years of APP experience
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts office and telemedicine visits for urgent or uncontrolled neurological symptoms in patients living with MS and other neuro-immunological diseases
- Assists MS specialty physicians in devising and carrying out treatment plans
- Assists in interpretation of neurological exam, labs, neuroimaging (on-the-job training available)
- Manages physician inbox, places referrals, completes forms and performs chart abstraction
- Counsels and educates patients and families – care coordination to in-plan and community resources
Cross covers with a regional pool of MS PAs/NPs/Nurses
For more information, contact Jacqueline Marcus, MD: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: May 6, 2021
Physician Assistant - Administration/Reproductive Health
Director of Clinical Services, Planned Parenthood Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley
Reporting directly to the Medical Director and the VP of Patient Service, The Director of Clinical Services is responsible for ensuring the provision of quality customer-focused medical care to patients of Planned Parenthood Pasadena & San Gabriel Valley, through development and review of affiliate medical protocols, licensed staff training, and quality improvement.
The Director will oversee five Health Centers including Highland Park, Baldwin Park, Pasadena, Alhambra and Glendora.
The Director of Clinical Services will have the option to work remotely for a significant amount of their work week, with the exception of a mandatory in-person clinical day each week.
For the full position listing and to apply, click here.
Date Posted: May 3, 2021
Physician Assistant - Primary Care
Director of Student Health Center
Within the guidelines of Touro University’s Standardized Procedures Agreement, and under the direction and supervision of the Medical Director, the Student Health Center Director is the primary point of patient contact and treatment for the Touro University student body. The Director of the Student Health Center directly reports to the Associate Dean for Student Affairs.
The Director of the Student Health Center works collaboratively with faculty and staff in academic programs to ensure timely, accurate documentation in student health records of history and physicals, drug screening, immunizations, and certifications needed for clinical learning placements. In addition to providing direct patient care to TUC students, the Director supervises twoMedical Assistants and is part of a student affairs staff that includes Student CounselingServices and Academic Support Services.
The Director is results oriented, organized, and gives attention to detail. The position
requires effective organizational, managerial, and interpersonal skills. The Director
must be a self-starter. The Director must have clinical practice expertise. The
Director should meet Touro University California Credentialing Criteria. The Director
must enjoy a fast-paced flexible environment with focus on high quality individual
and group interactions, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
and demonstrate presentation skills.
For the full position listing and to apply, click here.
Date Posted: April 27, 2021
Physician Assistant - Primary Care
San Gabriel, CA
At Central City CHC. Responsible for providing diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventative health care services as delegated by a physician and/or the Medical Director, including the following:
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to plan and be organized.
- Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be flexible and cooperative.
- Self-motivated and independently productive.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and Company records.
- Ability to work effectively with both employees and managers.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to patients and employees.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various PC applications, including E-mail, Microsoft Excel, and Word, Internet and networking devices.
- Required to know, follow and enforce safe work practices, and be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations.
- Must be able to operate computer and office equipment and software.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Current CA Driver License.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited program for Physician Assistants
- Licensed in CA as Physician Assistant
Date Posted: April 27, 2021
Physician Assistant - Multiple Positions
Central California Faculty Medical Group (CCFMG), affiliated with UCSF Fresno, is recruiting for Physician Assistants in the following areas:
Intensive Care Medicine (ICU)
The program is based in Fresno, California, where residents enjoy a high standard of living combined with a low cost of living. The result is a quality of life uniquely Californian, yet surprisingly affordable. Limitless recreational opportunities and spectacular scenery is all accessible in a community with abundant affordable housing.
For more information, contact Stephanie Delgado at 559-443-2689 or email@example.com
Date Posted: April 22, 2021
Physician Assistant - Spine & Nerve
Greater Sacramento Area, CA
Are you a proactive, sincere PA who wants to excel in one area of expertise---Spine Care? Are you naturally conscientious in completing your work and like to stay busy? This is a predictable, low risk environment where we will support you to succeed. We provide state of the art treatment. We thrive on long-lasting relationships with our co-workers and our patients in an honest and respectful environment.
Spine & Nerve Diagnostic Center is a well-established, award winning, multidisciplinary, evidence based medical practice composed of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and ancillary practitioners. Our team of providers focuses on diagnosing spine and orthopedic injuries and then tailoring the most effective course of treatment for each patient. We are seeking a full-time Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join us. We have 5 offices throughout the Greater Sacramento area including Sacramento, Elk Grove, Roseville, Folsom, and Granite Bay.
The successful candidate will evaluate and direct patient care under our diagnostic guidelines and treatment protocols, including the use of interventional spine procedures, physical therapy, psychology, and responsible medication management. As a member of our clinical team, responsibilities would include:
- See approximately 17 - 21 patients per day
- Accurately monitor and formulate a differential diagnosis from assessments conducted within the clinic setting
- Evaluate and recommend treatment options pursuant to practice specific protocols and evidenced-based guidelines
- Review treatment related reports and correspondence
- Monitor and document the effectiveness of treatment in relation to patient pain, function, quality of life, and coping skills
- Work effectively and efficiently within EPIC electronic medical records system
- Document collaborative discussions with and guidance from group physicians
- Current PA or NP licensure with Certification
- Current DEA registration
- Proficient with computer software applications (EMR experience preferred)
Benefits & Compensation
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision
- Annual CME time-off and financial allowance
- PTO & Holidays (including 3 weeks paid vacation)
- Malpractice Coverage
- Reimbursement for licensure
- Controlled onboarding process and training
To apply, contact: Janel Cuff-Wunder, HR Manager - 916-426-8629, firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: April 20, 2021
Physician Assistant - Primary Care
Los Angeles, CA
Kedren Community Clinic has an urgent need for a primary care PA.
Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer, provides continuing, comprehensive health wellness, preventive and medical care to adults and children. Coordinates and manages the care of these vulnerable patients and ensures that they receive optimal care, including acute illness management, chronic disease management, and preventive care. Works with other healthcare providers and nonmedical personnel, as well as, participates in quality assurance, quality improvement, peer review and special projects.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possession of Physician Assistant (PA) Degree and a valid license to practice medicine issued by the State of California Physician Assistant Board with no pending or previous disciplinary action from any state licensing entity.
- Must have passed Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE), ACLS and BCLS certification.
- Clinical experience in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or with medically underserved populations with progressively responsible experience in management, coordination, planning and evaluation preferred.
- Experience in medical administration, utilization review and quality management.
- Experience in implementing meaningful use indicators: familiarity with requirements and processes to become PCMH Certified.
- Experience working with electronic health records, preferably eClinicalWorks. Must be eligible to participate in Medicare, Medi-Cal, F-Pact, and other federal health programs.
- Provider must possess a National provider Identification (NPI) number and a valid CPR Certificate. On-Call (by phone only) duties are required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages and maintains a program of comprehensive health for the patient, to include preventive medicine and community health
- Assist patients with chronic conditions in navigating and accessing all levels of chronic care services, including quality care and health educations
- Prepares and reviews medical histories and obtains data through interviews
- Examines patients, formulates diagnostic testing. Interprets examination findings and test results, and implements treatment plans
- Prescribes and assesses the effectiveness of pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate for patient medical conditions.
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists
- Timely and ongoing communication with the PCP and practice team to identify the highest risk patients and to maximize the management of patient needs and related risk reduction.
- Observes that communications with patients are culturally and linguistically responsive * Interviews patient, obtains patient history, updates all information and documents in EHR, according to standards
- Responsible for coordinating medical care with internal and external medical specialties as needed
- Ability to supervise, advise, and train clinical professionals and/or students in the area of expertise as well as a variety of health-related topics, including first aid measures, basic, and advanced health care maintenance.
Date Posted: March 31, 2021
Physician Assistant - Family Practice
Marin County, CA
New Graduates welcome to apply
We are a well-established private Family Practice office serving the Marin community for +65 years. We are looking for a PA to join our team in serving our patients in an out-patient setting as well as at Marin-based SNF. Great pay. Great MD colleagues. Great admin support team. This is NOT a short term/interim job.
Please contact us with your recent resume if you are interested in joining our team and providing excellent healthcare to our patients and community: Colin Hamblin, MD - email@example.com
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnose and Treat acute and chronic Illness
- Perform age-appropriate history and physical
- Order and interpret diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs
- Prescribe appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments to patient’s age specific need
- Monitor the effectiveness of treatments Provide education of acute and chronic medical conditions
- Reconciling medication list
- Facilitate appointments to specialist
- Provide thorough exams and evaluations of patient’s health status
- Facilitate appropriate chronic care management (i.e. Diabetic eye exams, foot exams and nutritional counseling)
- Keeping track of and referring patient to appropriate preventive medical screenings (e.g. Mammograms and Colonoscopies)
- Counseling and reinforcing patients in healthy life style habits
- Documenting keeping track of and documenting annual Quality Measures
- EMR experience required
- Ability to document in electronic health record completely and accurately
- Knowledge of clinical reminders and how to use them appropriately
- Good communication skills, both spoken and written
- Willing and able to work in a team environment
- Able to change with the ever evolving healthcare field
LOOKING FOR WORK WITH A MEDICALLY UNDERSERVED POPULATION?
Go to Indeed.com, select your geographic area, and use this search term: "the medically underserved AND physician assistant"
Copyright 2005 - 2020, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.