The FNP-C track requires the nursing student to possess a graduate degree as a part of the admission criteria. Based on the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF) Competencies, the FNP-C track will prepare Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN) with the most advanced clinical and organizational skills to provide the highest standard of care for individuals, families, and communities. By combining advanced practice nursing skills and knowledge of evidence-based research and practice, graduates will be empowered to become more efficient and competent practitioners.The post-master’s FNP-C program builds on existing curricula found in masters’ nursing programs, rooted in a social justice framework. In the program, you’ll have access to a number of traditional and non-traditional clinical rotations. Our faculty staff several safety-net organizations, work with unhoused populations, volunteer with international non-governmental organizations and specialize in a number of interprofessional areas including palliative care, specialty women’s health, public health and newborn care.
During their education at Touro University of California, FNP-C students:
- Perform comprehensive health assessments, including ordering and interpreting diagnos tic procedures
- Partner with patients and families for health promotion and disease prevention
- Generate differential diagnoses and manage acute and chronic health problems and distressing symptoms based on a strong biological science foundation
- Prescribe and evaluate therapies (medication and non-medication based)
- Utilize developmental, patient-and family-centered approaches with a specific emphasison vulnerable populations
- Act as leaders in healthcare systems
The Course of Study(pdf) details the number, order, and unit value for the required courses
Course Descriptions (pdf) provides a statement of the content for each course.
The Class Meetings Schedule (pdf) details the mandatory meetings throughout the academic year.
Copyright 2005 - 2020, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.