Post-Graduate Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (FNPc)
NEW! SPRING AND SUMMER ADMISSIONS!
The FNP-C (Certificate) Program is based on the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties Competencies (NOPF), the FNP-C program to become more efficient and competent practitioners.
The post-master’s FNP-C program builds on existing curricula found in masters’ nursing programs, rooted in a social justice framework. In the program, you’ll have access to a number of traditional and non-traditional clinical rotations. Our faculty staff several safety-net organizations, work with unhoused populations, with international non-governmental organizations and specialize in a number of interprofesional areas including palliative care, specialty women’s health, public health and newborn care.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be eligible to test for FNP certification exams through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANP) and apply for California Nurse Practitioner Certification.
The FNP-C is offered as a full-time coursework - 90% online and 10% on-campus intensives (for procedures, urgent care, and gynecologic/genitourinary care). Clinical opportunities and those with faculty are in a variety of geographic locations located both within and outside of the United States.
FNP-C students will be prepared to:
- Perform comprehensive health assessments, including ordering and interpreting diagnostic procedures
- Partner with patients and families for health promotion and disease prevention
- Generate differential diagnoses and manage acute and chronic health problems and distressing symptoms based on a strong biological science foundation
- Prescribe and evaluate therapies (medication and non-medication based)
- Utilize developmental, patient-and family-centered approaches with a specific emphasis on vulnerable populations
- Act as leaders in healthcare systems
- Advocate for nursing, advanced practice and interprofessional care in a university setting that includes osteopathic physicians, diabetes specialties, physician assistants, national and international public health practitioners, and pharmacists.
Copyright 2005 - 2020, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.