Doctorate in Education
Whether you are a current or emerging leader, the Ed.D in Leading Innovative Diverse Organizations (LIDO) aims to expand your vision of high performing organizations that value diversity, equity and inclusion in policies and practices as well as in the workforce and community. Cohorts explore social and technological disruptions through design thinking and strategic planning processes to identify and develop solutions that reimagine the work of an organization and drive innovation and systemic change.
If you are a K-20 educator or health professional (PA, OT, PT, SLP, nurse, etc.), and are seeking advancement within educational environments, this is the program for you. The Doctor of Education degree is aligned with the community needs for doctorate-prepared individuals.
This online program offered in collaboration with our Touro Nevada campus combines online teaching with synchronous online learning sessions and, when possible, 3-4 day in person meetings once per year in the summer.
We understand the importance of balancing your professional and personal life while working towards your future career and design learning experiences accordingly. This is a three-year, online program with only two on-campus, week-long classes.
A unique feature of the LIDO program is that you start work on your dissertation at the beginning of the program and continue that work until complete with the support of faculty and your peers.
Methods of Delivery
Fully Online High-Flex Cohort Program With Virtual Face-to-Face Meetings:
- Strong support network and collaborative community
- Guaranteed course offerings
- Flexible scheduling to meet cohort need
- Continuum of instruction between courses
- Peer mentoring & support
- Highly qualified faculty with practical knowledge and expertise
- Opportunity to meet face-to-face once per year during the summer
Time to Completion
The doctoral program of study is a 60 unit program designed to be completed in 3 years.
Doctoral Application and Requirements
All applications for doctoral admissions will be processed through our admissions office. Take the first step to complete your LIDO doctorate by reviewing the admission requirements and application process thoroughly to help ensure your application is complete and processed expeditiously.
The next start date for the Doctor of Education program:
- Summer 2022 term begins July 2022. Application deadline is June 1, 2022.
Touro California is here for you, wherever you are.
Touro California is focused on educating the best and brightest to join the courageous education and healthcare and essential businesses that are seeing us through these unique and challenging times. We are ready to start your new cohort this summer -- online or in-person -- as dictated by the healthcare needs of our communities and world.
Communication with the California Graduate School of Education
We are working remotely but you can now communicate with us through email and Zoom Video conferencing.
You are encouraged to email email@example.com if you’d like to schedule a Zoom appointment. One of our administrative staff will direct your inquiry to the appropriate person to speak with.
- Earned a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.50 or higher in most recent degree.
- Obtained a master's degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution of higher education (Preferred path to Doctorate).
- Hold U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status at the time of application. All foreign transcripts must be professionally evaluated by an agency such as World Education Services or the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services
- Residence Status: This program is open to candidates who will have established residency within the State of California prior to the first day of class. Residents of other States are currently not eligible for this program.
Application Requirements and Process
We welcome all qualified applicants to apply. You will need to meet specific educational standards and personal qualifications for consideration of your application.
Admission to the doctoral program is processed through our Touro California campus. Please follow the instructions below carefully.
1. Apply online through the Doctorate in Education Pathway.
2. Complete the GradCAS application process. In addition to basic biographical information, you will need the following items to submit this application.
a. List of all schools you have attended, including dates of attendance and any degrees you may have earned
b. Current resume/curriculum vitae
c. Names and contact information of three persons who will provide recommendations
d. Time to complete a short essay prompt (accessible within the application)
e. NOTE: Standardized testing scores are not required.
Frequently Asked Questions:
You may have questions regarding admissions to the EdD program and how the program progresses. We have answered some of the most common questions below.
Can the interview be completed online? Yes, it will be conducted online in zoom.
When will I be able to work on my dissertation? You will work on your dissertation during the lifespan of the program. Our faculty will help you arrive at your dissertation topic as well.
What can I expect for the in person intensives? Students are required to attend two in person campus experiences lasting 3-4 days from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the summer. These will occur only when the university deems this experience meets current health regulations.
Are transfer credits accepted? We accept transfer credits on a case-by-case basis.
How many hours a week can I expect to commit to the program? The program is designed for the working professional. Students will need to devote approximately 10-12 hours a week. It is recommended students develop a routine to balance work and life commitments.
How much does it cost?
- For the 21-22 academic year tuition is based on the Touro California schedule of fees.
- Books approximately $300; Students may wish to purchase EndNote Reference software.
- Financial aid is available.
Location of classes?
- Cohort meets online in Zoom.
When do classes meet?
- Classes meet once or twice per week, time and day determined by cohort preference.
Professor & Chair of Innovation In Learning and Leadership
Copyright 2005 - 2020, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.