Doctorate in Education
Whether you are a current or emerging leader, the Ed.D Educational Leadership & Administration program aims to expand your vision of high performing organizations that value diversity, equity and inclusion in policies and practices as well as in the workforce and community. Cohorts explore social and technological disruptions through design thinking and strategic planning processes to identify and develop solutions that reimagine the work of an organization and drive innovation and systemic change.
If you are a K-20 educator or health professional (PA, OT, PT, SLP, nurse, etc.), and are seeking advancement within educational environments, this is the program for you. The Doctor of Education degree is aligned with the community needs for doctorate-prepared individuals.
This online program offered in collaboration with our Touro Nevada campus combines online teaching with synchronous online learning sessions and, when possible, 3-4 day in person meetings once per year in the summer.
At Touro California and Nevada, we understand the importance of balancing your professional and personal life while working towards your future career. This is a three-year, online program with only two on-campus, week-long classes.
You start work on your dissertation at the beginning of the program and continue that work until complete with the support of faculty and your peers.
Methods of Delivery
Fully Online High-Flex Cohort Program With Virtual Face-to-Face Meetings:
- Strong support network and collaborative community
- Guaranteed course offerings
- Flexible scheduling to meet cohort need
- Continuum of instruction between courses
- Peer mentoring & support
- Highly qualified faculty with practical knowledge and expertise
- Opportunity to meet face-to-face once per year during the summer
Time to Completion
The doctoral program of study is a 60 unit program designed to be completed in 3 years.
Doctoral Application and Requirements
All applications for doctoral admissions will be processed through the Touro Nevada admissions office. Take the first step to complete your education doctorate in administration and leadership. Review the admission requirements and application process thoroughly to help ensure your application is complete and processed expeditiously.
The next start date for the Doctor of Education program:
- Summer 2021 term begins July 2021. Application deadline is June 1, 2021.
Touro California & Nevada are here for you, wherever you are.
Touro California is focused on educating the best and brightest to join the courageous education and healthcare and essential businesses that are seeing us through these unique and challenging times. We are ready to start your new cohort this summer -- online or in-person -- as dictated by the healthcare needs of our communities and world.
Communication with the California Graduate School of Education
We are working remotely but you can now communicate with us through email and Zoom Video conferencing.
You are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to schedule a Zoom appointment. One of our administrative staff will direct your inquiry to the appropriate person to speak with.
- Earned a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher in most recent degree.
- Obtained a master's degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution of higher education (Preferred path to Doctorate).
- Hold U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status at the time of application. All foreign transcripts must be professionally evaluated by an agency such as World Education Services or the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services
- Residence Status:
Application Requirements and Process
We welcome all qualified applicants to apply. You will need to meet specific educational standards and personal qualifications for consideration of your application.
Admission to the doctoral program is processed through our Touro Nevada sister campus. Please follow the instructions below carefully.
- Complete the online application and submit the $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- In the Academic Plan section choose:
- Location where you wish to apply: Touro University Nevada
- School/College to which you wish to apply: School of Education
- Degree Program for which you wish to apply:Doctor of Education : Education Administration and Leadership
- Matriculation Status: Are you seeing a degree: Yes
- Major/Department: Doctor of Education : Education Administration and Leadership
- Entry Term and Year: Summer 2021
- Include all official transcripts from each institution you have attended, including undergraduate, graduate, and foreign with U.S. equivalency document (as appropriate).
- NOTE: The GRE or GMAT is no longer required
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Personal essay
- Written response to interview questions (these will be sent to you after your application is received and before your admissions consultation.)
- In the Academic Plan section choose:
- Upload all supporting documents into the online application where possible.
Paper copies of official transcripts and supporting documentation should be sent to:
Touro University Nevada Email electronic transcripts
Attn: Office of Admissions email@example.com
874 American Pacific Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
Failure to comply with the above requirements by the date stated in your admissions invitation letter will result in revocation of the admission invitation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
You may have questions regarding admissions to the EdD program and how the program progresses. We have answered some of the most common questions below.
Can the interview be completed online? Yes, it will be conducted online in zoom.
When will I be able to work on my dissertation? You will work on your dissertation during the lifespan of the program. Our faculty will help you arrive at your dissertation topic as well.
What can I expect for the in person intensives? Students are required to attend two in person campus experiences lasting 3-4 days from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the summer. These will occur only when the university deems this experience meets current health regulations.
Are transfer credits accepted? We accept transfer credits on a case-by-case basis.
How many hours a week can I expect to commit to the program? The program is designed for the working professional. Students will need to devote approximately 10-12 hours a week. It is recommended students develop a routine to balance work and life commitments.
How much does it cost?
- For the 21-22 academic year tuition is based on the Touro University Nevada schedule of fees.
- Books approximately $300; Students may wish to purchase EndNote Reference software.
- Financial aid is available.
Location of classes?
- Cohort meets online in Zoom.
When do classes meet?
- Classes meet once or twice per week, time and day determined by cohort preference.
Professor & Chair of Graduate Studies
Copyright 2005 - 2020, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.